The new school year brings some exciting changes to the Art Department:
- Ms. Gyllenhammer is a Full Time Teacher (Again)! This means more art courses available to students as well as a happily busy Ms. G.
- New Classes to Serve All Students! With the addition of Expression Through Art, all students at BHS have access to the visual arts.
- Field Trips, Field Trips, Field Trips! Three different trips are in the works already for this year, including our annual trip to NYC in April. Stay Tuned!
- New Technology Helps Color Blind Students! Through the generosity of the Janet Malser Trust, the Art Department is in the process of purchasing a set of EnChroma Lens glasses. This new technology works to correct some forms of color blindness and/or color deficiencies.
In with the new, but not necessarily out with the old... Here are some of the things we won't be letting go of this year:
- Art Club and Yearbook Club! Yes these will still be running. Mr. Harrington and Ms. G. are setting up spaces and times for these activities which are held after school in the art department. When more information is decided, permission slips will be available. When we are ready to start recruiting, you will know because I won't stop talking about it to you (and it will be said during announcements).
- Arts Coffee House Night! This was so much fun last year, that I don't believe we have a choice. For those of you that missed it last year, the Music and Art Department came together for a night of coffee, snacks, performances and art-making. See the previous post for pics of the event!
- Embracing Failure! You read right. We agree that learning means you try, fail, and try again. It is this process of experimentation that builds the best solutions to problems. Learning does not end with a failure. Failure is where learning begins.